Sunday, July 31, 2011

Who chooses?

People often forget that it is God that chooses you, not you that ultimately chooses Him.  "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:44)  You must choose whom you will serve, it is true...but has HE chosen you?  You cannot serve God and Mammon (money).  "No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." (Luke 16:13)  Whom God calls He also equips for HIS purpose through HIS words...not their own. (Rom. 8:28, 1 Tim. 3:16-17)  "For many are called, but few are chosen."(Matthew 22:14) "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." (John 15:16)
 
"No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier." (2 Timothy 2:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment